For this project, I decided on an Art Nouveau theme as I was interested in the flowers, lines, and styles of the designs. I upcycled a dress from a charity shop, I chose it because it was a plain canvas, so that meant there was a lot of space to use and to explore different art nouveau style designs. Throughout my research I discovered that art nouveau was an exceedingly trendy style in the 1900’s and would have a lot of floral aspects to it. I also discovered an applique artist (Nancy Asmus) who gave me some inspiration as to what technique I would want to focus on. Overall, for my garment I painted on fabric and embroidered all my detail onto my garment which helped to make the dress a bit more unique and helped to make it stand out a bit more.